Tuesday, September 1, 2009

leggings for your slightly padded wallet

We made it through the first round of leggings late last night. Remember? Fall's around the bend (omg, where did the summer go?!?!) and we're getting pumped for it by buying tights. Classic displacement defense mechanism. In the last post we looked at the lower end of the price range with stores like Target and Charlotte Russe.

Here, we're looking at tights that are slightly more expensive, although not necessarily, and certainly more artistic. Ok, I realize that most of these aren't leggings, so what? Cut off the foot part. Also, these are all from Urban Outfitters.

$14 nylon tights. Cool. It looks like it fades from blue to black. I like the little curly deedle-dids on the design. Fishnet is one of those things that is really, very hard to pull off in rural Albuquerque. Best left for times when I'm visiting the big cities.

Now this is how you rock the shit out of tie dye. Nothing is better than purple and black palette in the fall. These tights are going for $8 at the UO website! Totally wearing these with everything I've got. Even pattern on pattern.

OMG, how cute! It's like wearing a teacup on your calves. $35 on clearance.

I just wanted to post these even though I'm not sure they're real. Look, I'm not going to be the flabbergasted grandpa here confused about current trends, but where/when/why would you wear these fringe socks? Would you need to construct a special boot with open back to wear with it? Who made these? Anyway, they're on sale for $70 (!!!).

Last question, I promise: these are totally for role-play night in the bedroom, ri? Here are some ideas: fringed hippie and the staunch politician; american indian and her chief; hipster weirdo and dov charney. I love how sex knows no boundaries :)

Floral tights, pink on black. Obviously perfect. They're 14 bucks, dudes and dudettes.

$14 nylon tights. Perfect with the ultra mini dress and a short boot. Your legs will look miles long. What do you think about pairing it with more black and gray/white? Maybe gem tones'll work too? Oh god, what about a light flannel muumuu? (Wink, wink Lane and Ash).

$12 Lettuce edge over the knee black socks. Couldn't you just die? Unlike thigh highs, they'll keep you warm PLUS OMG THIS IS THE BIG PART: they still let you give the award-winning upper thigh peek-a-boo.

Yum.

$20 on sale. See how it's a sort of floral hole pattern? For holey leggings, they're slightly smarter than the standard randomly thrashed holey leggings. Maybe only ok for going back to Crue Fest or maybe sex games. gutter punk and ... dental assistant? lol. I just lol'd IRL!!!

$18 floral leggings ... we get it, dark floral and fall go together.

Was $28, now $19. Totally loving the two tone thingy. Possibly the only trendy leggings I'll actually buy into.

Also, here's another black liquid leggings from Hue and they're 30 bucks:

What do you think? Worth the extra $5? Definitely not. This liquid legging thing is on the way out. Unless ................. ROLE PLAYING IN THE BEDROOM! omg, does role playing solve every problem? Hmmm, I'll let us think about that until my next leggings post :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment