Tuesday, September 1, 2009

low leggings

Oh my jeez, did you feel the cold air last night? There I was, standing in front of Jay's house with my tremendously tiny shorts and paper-thin tee, just groping at my sides for warmth. It's like, um, hello autumn, it's not quite time for you yet. How rude.

I wound up creating a flannel and kitty cat nest on my bed that night and still woke up freezing. Oh, gloom :( Considering it's still in the 90s, let's hope it was only a fluke. Still, I'm not ready for this change in the seasons. god, I'm gonna miss the sidewalks radiating heat in the middle of night. Biking to pick up beers and limes. Coconut sunblock on my nose! Frozen watermelon cubes. mmmm. Summer rituals ...

Anyway, fall, guys! Come on, buck up. We have to move on. Let's tip our toes into fall by looking at leggings. One of these leggings paired with thick, woolly speckled socks, dark boots and a snuggly coat? I'm drooling.

This first set of leggings is from Target:

$25 for these liquid leggings

This is $5 but sort of look like shit with those awful black moccasins and boring black skirt. They might still be do-able.

Much better. This is a slightly cropped snake skin print at 13 bucks. Again, it should not be paired with shitty flats and a boring green tee. It might look perfect with your boyfriend's button-up, cinched at the waist?

$5 for the white lace footless tights. Can you imagine it with knee-high vertical-striped gray socks? Ugh, so effing cute. Also, those are some ugly flats. Did they just MS paint shoes on her feet?

14 bucks and I actually bought these last week, but would they even work for winter? or even fall? It seems like you could get away with tie dye in cold weather only if they were heavy colors like maroon, olive, gray, etc. This blue number seems too swimming pool-y. Rules, rules, who gives a fuck, huh? Also, target.com kept telling me they were only available in the plus-size section, but I swear they were in the regular girls part of the store.

P.S. just because your model is plus-size doesn't mean she needs a saggy tummy shirt, Target.

$30 for gold leggings. And probably even less for a night with the Frederick's of Hollywood model. Seriously, Target? You can afford this lady, but you have to airbrush shoes on the other models? My brain isn't working, what would you even pair with liquid gold leggings? Are these an avoid-at-all-costs article of clothing? Sort of like capri pants and tent dresses? Hmmmm, too many questions. Let's move on.

5 bucks and the outfits are shit, but hear me out. Can you imagine how darling a monochromatic white outfit would look? White or gray boots, snuggly eggshell socks, these white leggings and a furry white coat. I'd feel like a snowflake! The look would be perfect with dark haired girls. Can you see it? Flowing brown hair, rosy cheeks and a white jacket. We'd look like Russian snow beauties.

Idk, I don't know how I feel about these. Kinda gross. Kinda good. They're $12.

White leopard print for $12. Too high school?

Polka dot leggings, black on gray for 12 bucks. Note to self, never wear jeans skirts with leggings. I can see these being worn with a bright tropical colored sock. It'll warm you up when you're walking down the windy sidewalks.

Cute. Don't like the cropped length, but maybe do-able with some knee high boots. $13

I love the button detail, but for $13, I think I could get a better deal elsewhere. Not to mention better construction.

So these are from Forever 21:

Gray floral print in the fall? Obviously works every time. $13

Hey, this is a dollar cheaper for some reason. $12

And these are from Charlotte Russe:

omg, can you imagine it paired with an ankle-length boot, flowing gem-hued dress and a mod little peacoat? I'm dying (in a good way), $15

I think this would look much better on a human than pencil-legged mannequin, but $15? Not worth it.

17 Dollars for faux distressed leather leggings? Kinda zomg yes yes yes!!!! Kinda also want to hide all my leggings sales receipts.

Yay! We made it through the first leggings post. These were from the cheaper, more lower class kind of stores (i.e. the ones I can afford), but I'll have three or four more leggings posts from labels like Stella McCartney and Betsey Johnson. Each post will have more and more expensive leggings. I actually found a pair for $1850!

So check back later today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment