Wednesday, October 13, 2010

new to me, new to you

I got a new phone. Not new-to-me phone but an actual new-out-of-the-box phone. It's a luxury I haven't experienced since dot dot dot freshman year of college? Seven years ago. I remember one of my first phone's camera could take photos if you asked the subject to sit still for four minutes. It would still come out looking like a closeup of meatloaf. Without gravy.
And I guess grudgingly I'm willing to participate in the app-mania while it's still new to me. I already have Instant Heart Rate and LightSaber although I haven't yet found one where the sounds of unicorns playing under rainbows can be set as my alarm clock. Sad :(

Here's some snaps I took with the new celly during class on Monday:

This is Tortie, a male desert tortoise. I was sort of surprised at how charming he and his brother were. Have you ever snuggled a tortoise?

And this is Rachel, a parrot who just got her beak and claws trimmed. Spa day. She made cooing almost purring noises while they used the Dremel on her. Cute faint.

I also held a Uromastyx (spiny-tailed lizard) which feels a lot like holding a mini dinosaur or maybe an average size dinosaur after I mutated into a giant human being. I'm just happy I wasn't peed on by any creature that day. I'll keep bringing my celly to class for snaps. I've heard rumblings of baby bunnies in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment