Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This summer will be a speck one day

Deep breath! Slow breath. Let it out...

It startles me, you know, the last few wisps of summer. The worn out tee-shirts and scrapped knees and city dust that gets caught in your hair. Land of dirty sneakers and broken alarm clocks. Dresses in piles on the bed under sandals you never took off before you fell asleep. Summer in Albuquerque bleeds into every other season but I still hold my breath for the last wisps.

This doesn't really have anything to do these snaps from the past, but I'm going to be ending this blogette and starting up another one in the next few weeks, k? The main reasons being that I was never fond of the 'g la fille' label and desperate to change it up almost immediately after I created it, but you know, life bla bla and just wound up keeping it for way too long. Cross your fingers and toes I can keep this promise to myself. I should just promise it to a little child for extra security. It's impossible to break promises to wide eyes of wonder.

"the night we dressed like 4th of July picnics"

The magnificent rainy day of August.

What do you do when it rains? We sit on the porch and listens to the dripping lullabies. We throw blankets from storage onto the bed where the cats are pouncing and hiding while some movie about New York plays in silence in the bedroom. And I'll finally wear socks. My one pair.

Meet me at Burt's.

Head full of warm blood and half-dreams.

Would you believe another drive-by shooting? No one was hurt. Well, I mean, someone was shot but he survived so it didn't even make the local news. It barely made the blog. Oh, Albuquerque.

(Please tell me a 3rd grader with vicious night terrors sculpted this.)

And then it was over.

2 comments:

ash said...

i love, love, love, love the picture of you and claire holding hands.

Argent said...

It was a beautiful summer, wasn't it? I think I'll always remember New Mexico that way.

Post a Comment