Marc didn't know about "animal style" hamburgers at In-N-Out Burger so I asked him to stop at one in Bakersfield so he could get one.
While he was inside the restaurant, I checked my email on my phone and found out Jack wasn't going back to school next semester because the program he was in was a really bad fit and he just wanted to get his dumb classes out of the way at the community college before attempting his music degree. Marc came back outside and said he was too embarrassed to order an "animal style hamburger" because it wasn't on the menu so we got back in the car and drove away. The fries were soft and cold.
We checked into Alpha Inn off of Lombard and Divisadero then rode the bus to Golden Boy pizza in North Beach and then took the 30 bus downtown where we tried to walk off our beer and pizza buzz before going back to the hotel. I wish we had sex but I think we were too sore from sitting in a car for 18 hours. We watched the Nanny until midnight. I think I was just really worried that I won't have sex enough times before I die.
The next day I wore my stupid leggings... i hate leggings... under some jean shorts and an over-sized sweater and blue scarf and gloves, black boots and my soft green coat and I spilled half of our clam chowder on myself and felt disgusting so I didn't take any more pictures.
We tried to go to the Contemporary Jewish Museum on Wednesday but it was closed so I smoked a cigarette and we walked south on Market looking for this place I saw skateboarders smoking a joint one time near the city hall building.
This isn't Market. It's Geary I think or Kearny... not like it matters anyway but my photos are all mixed up and I don't have any pictures of Market north of 1st street. So anyway, after the Contemporary Jewish Museum, I was trying to look cool smoking a cigarette but I wasn't used to smoking a whole cigarette by myself so my heart was pounding and I felt like spies were trying to capture me and asked Marc if we could stop and stand next to a tree until my legs felt less wobbly. Then a young man next to us set down a cd player, turned it on and started taking all of his clothes off. We walked away after that.
I guess south of Turk on Market is kinda crackville but coming from Albuquerque it's all sort of a walk in the park... although I got to point out my favorite sleazy strip clubs to Marc. They don't really compare to Mary's Club in portland. Oh, by the way, I'm going to Oregon on Wednesday. I'll write about it later though.
Marc really had to pee so he dragged me running up to the city hall building but couldn't go in because he had a knife in his pocket. We went to the Haight so he could pee in a dirty alley next to the ghost of John Phillips. Did he really fuck his daughters???
I forget if I already wrote this on this blog the last time I visited San Francisco, but here's a story about this area:
I was still very unfamiliar with the buses and general directions of streets and neighborhoods in San Francisco the first time I visited Rye by myself so I was having a hard time relaxing and enjoying the sights of the city. I was standing on the very full bus that goes up several incredibly steep hills toward the Haight when two elderly bag ladies got on the bus. One was in a wheelchair and the other was holding several bottles of orange prescription pill bottles. Eh, I just decided this story's not very good so here's the summary: Both ladies were on some serious drug bender and couldn't keep from rolling around on their wheelchairs so everyone on the bus had to come together to hold them down and meanwhile some guy asked me if I was at a Pearl Jam concert in 1997 which I said I was but it was in Albuquerque so he just turned away and went into his stinking pot haze. Anyway, after that bus ride I was like, 'there's no way I can possibly embarrass myself in this city so I'll just have fun instead.' The end.
We went to Rye's school but she was in a meeting so we walked back down to North Beach and thought about buying a beer but Marc wanted to go to Chinatown and buy a wallet. Before that, we went to the piers so I could watch the sea lions. I just love how they look like chubby cats with fins.
Wow, I'm really glad I took this picture.
I thought this picture made me look like I was in Beverly Hills. Marc said my skin looked too white. SORRRY!
I randomly spotted this Banksy in Chinatown.
For some reason this is my last picture of the trip even though we had another full day in San Francisco and drove to Las Vegas and won $250 plus stayed at the Luxor so I don't really know what else to say. I had a really fun time even though Marc and I fought everyday about stupid little things. I wish I had more pictures so I could write about the food we ate and a very fancy bar I threw up in and taking the bus to a crazy dance club literally outside of San Francisco's city lines and realizing I forgot my ID and other things. Oh well.

























0 comments:
Post a Comment