Marc saw Marty from the Shins at Gecko's last Sunday before we left for Oregon. I almost asked him to point him out for me but figured Marc declaring at volume 11 "hey look there's Marty from the Shins behind you, Guinn" was embarrassing enough...
Last year before I "had my life together" (still have my dirty party kid habits tho, sigh), we promised Marc's niece we'd be living in Portland by her 8th birthday. Time passes, money gets spent on music festivals and wine bottles, and we're still in Albuquerque. The best we could do is travel out to Salem for her birthday. Luckily, the plane tickets weren't too bad.
The night before we left to Oregon, Albuquerque temperature dropped 30ish degrees. I've never seen frost grow on the inside of a window before. One time I thought I saw blood drip out of our walls, but when I explained it to Marc I realized it must have been a dream that I remembered as a real memory.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OREGON or anything really: before I forget, I wanted to say I chopped off all of my hair again. It's an a-line bob. It's cute, I guess. I was telling the stylist that I needed something to make my face look less fat (the Native American cheekbones combined with beer and cheese face bloat gives off a chubby cheek situation. Not to mention Mike from my program told me 'i remember your name is Guinn because of your round face' which doesn't even make sense but it gave me a complex anyhow.) and she screamed 'YOUR FACE IS NOT FAT, YOU JUST HAVE WIDE CHEEKBONES.' Thank you?
I read skymall and tried to fold a 5 dollar bill into a whale for the first hour then gave up and got a bloody mary and drew for the rest of the ride.
Really, really miss my kitties when I travel :(
I watched Portlandia before we left and listened to Stephen Malkmus, Sleater-Kinney, Modest Mouse (not a whole lot though since Isaac Brock's voice reminds me of a meathead wearing puka shells around his roid-y neck), Elliott Smith and other Pacific Northwestern bands which would have been a great idea if we were staying in Portland, not Salem. I don't have anything bad to say about Salem (except that one time we ate breakfast in a crowd of meth head cheerleaders (more funny than sad, I guess)) 'specially since I don't live there. Salem is the ok-ish single released for idiot consumers on an otherwise good album of complex guitar rock that is Portland.
I always forget to take (good) pictures when I'm here.
Apparently, New Mexico was having a natural gas crisis while we were away. Insert long, boring argument about our stupid governor here. Bla bla, I'm going to have fun washing my greaseball head in a pot of boiling water tonight.
hello, marc! This is at Hoodoo.
Let's see what else? Besides Marc acting like a royal prick to me at the Alice in Wonderland ballet and making me cry in front of his family on the last night, we also went swimming with the girls and made homemade tomato sauce. Quite boring. Next trip: Austin for SXSW.


















0 comments:
Post a Comment