Friday, November 5, 2010

Notes from schooly wooly part 2

Procrastination week:

On Tuesday, I skipped Dr. Tackett's class under the guise of voting. I definitely could have gone to class and made it to the polls before it closed, but it was sunny and I wanted to sit in my backyard with the cats reading the paper so I left early. I haven't yet missed one class or lab this semester (totally foreign behavior for me (also, yay me!)) so skipping was morally a bigger deal than expected. I even came up with the opening sentence for this post, "Hey guys, I Lindsay Lohan'd this week at school, yuk yuk yuk," except that I did vote so my Lindsay Lohan'ing the system by actually doing what I claimed to be doing didn't make sense anymore and I couldn't accurately use my Lindsay Lohan sentence. Plus, that sentence sucked anyway.

Bad grades ahead. Not suitable for school-aged children.

Yikes. I almost literally could have answered every question with a question on this quiz and have gotten a better grade, but we're not talking about Philosophy 541, are we? This is a real fucking program.

And I haven't been handed back my other quizzes from Thursday but it's safe to assume they are just as pathetic as the 3.5. I wrote "inflammation of eye jello" on the medical term quiz dot dot dot double yikes.

I kept telling myself, "you have A's in your classes, man. One more drink at Gecko's won't hurt." "Hey man, Jessica wants to buy you a tiki drink downtown. Stop with the flash cards and put on that little party dress." (Ew, is my subconscious the spirit of Tom Petty??) and look at where that cocky attitude got me.

I even let myself watch John Candy movies. And I hate John Candy movies!*

Unbelievably, I like studying for my classes so the procrastination isn't a symptom of wrong me, wrong career choice. More likely I've been breaking my back getting A's and B's on everything and felt like my spoiled ass deserved a fucking break from studying eye jello. P.S. Figuring out the medical term for eye jello is on the top of my to do list. Jelz?

*hate is a strong word. More like, I appropriately dislike being reminded of the more crummy parts of my childhood** by John Candy movies.

**don't ask.

Hello, world. Meet what I like to call "eye jello".

I promise that this is a dissected cow eye, not an egg. The round yellow piece is the lens. The eye jello is the vitreous humor and the iridescent thing is OH I DON'T KNOW did I not make it clear that I did not study this last week?

Best part of procrastination week: hanging out with Hucklebay Rum at a horse ranch. Girls and horses!!! BEST FRIENDS FOREVER ANDDDD EVERRRRRRRR!!!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I have been procrastinating so badly this week too. I wish I could meet you at brick yard! -C

G la fille said...

Yessss! Back when brickyard had pitchers of pabst :)

Post a Comment