Ok. I don't want to leave that depressing me-screwing-up-(what's new?)-bad-grades post up top for too long. Here we go.
I got Mosh a new collar. His old one had the silhouette of a city skyline with the words "CITY KITTY" running across it and I was afraid it was giving some hobo he'd associate with the wrong impression of his general disposition. Maybe they'd think he's street smart and try to give him alcohol or something really bad for cats so I chose a collar with bumblebees flying around as a more age appropriate cat collar.
School is going pretty wonderful this week. I had two papers due and decided I didn't want to write them right away, late grade be damned, and somehow miraculously they've been pushed back 'til next week. I almost literally cannot believe my luck.
This show* was attended by curious personalities from the mid to late 90's. Like a generation of people who went to high school a decade before we did. They must be busy raising babies and whatnot because I never see them when I'm out having a great time. *already forgot who performed.
There are four "mean girls" in my program who keep to themselves. And there are three girls who believe in ghosts. There is one guy who I'd call uncomfortably Christian but he's been nice to me so far. There are three chain smokers. There are three mom-types. There are four who might be weird enough to be my friend. Five if you count the one who calls herself a certified priestess.
The amount of pimples I get is somehow increasing with age.
Look, guys! I Monk'd the condiment packets!!*
*Please take the Netflix instant tv stream away from me.
Veggie burgs at BK.
I guess I always assumed that by the time I was 26 talking to young kids (18 to 21) would feel disheartening. Like, wow, my peak party days are over. When I wake up after a debauched night, I literally say out loud "My joints hurt..." I can't be considered a brilliant young lady anymore by my parents' friends. I'm just a regular adult with very average adult problems. I get excited to go grocery shopping. WHERE'S MY YOUTH, YOUNG STRANGER WHO IS YET TO DISCOVER ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS ABOUT YOUR EARLY 20's?!?!??!! But it turns out, I was completely wrong. More on that another time though.
This is on a skating trip with Marc to UNM. They've installed newfangled tables and chairs in bright colors that we shook our canes at for a while before realizing there is a cafeteria in Mitchell Hall now.
I had my Abnormal Psychology class in the Anthro building like midway between freshman year and second senior year (whoops). The teacher was a ditz but I truly liked the material and after almost every class I would read my notes out of genuine interest.
As we were decorating the front porch in spiderwebs for Halloween, I noticed this active wasp nest. In Pennsylvania, we'd call 'em 'yellow-jackets' but out here I've only heard the term 'wasp.' No big deal except I know the sounds of words have a significant impact on how I think about things.
When we first moved to New Mexico, I had a child-sized panic attack after finding out hoagies are called subs here and realized I didn't enjoy eating something called a 'sub' when 'hoagie' sounded so much cuter and tasty. Probably why I have a hard time with kidney beans, too. Marc has to hide them in the bottom of the grocery cart so I don't put them away for the canned baby peas. So cute!
We saw Built to Spill at Launchpad one night and I'm retarded and didn't take any photos save for this Pacman one. Sad face.
My Halloween pumpkin. It's a howling wolf.
We also made homemade lip balm and decorated the containers with crafty things. I made an extra one for Rye and since my mom found a weird kidney-shaped puffy sticker, I decorated the container with kidney memorabilia. Rye only has one and a half working kidneys because part of the other one got surgically removed when she was ten and I don't really know why except it really hurt her before she was diagnosed with whatever she had. Also, she's about a foot shorter than me and I always made fun of that but maybe it was because of her diseased kidney and look at me being a horrible older sister. I AM MAKING UP FOR IT ONE LIP BALM AT A TIME!
I told Marc to watch Dogtown and Z-Boys last Saturday. Other stuff bla bla bla this post is getting too long...
"NOW POSE LIKE KIERA KNIGHTLEY!!!!!!!!! CUTTTTEEERRRRR!!!"
I miss my girlfriends.
























0 comments:
Post a Comment