Friday, April 9, 2010

Ni. H. il. I. Sm. (a lotta words then some pictures)

I should have started writing this earlier. Now I'm in an 'over it' kind of mood and that's never fun (for me NOR you). Gloom! My post title is in reference to this guy's tattoo we saw and later laughed about while rolling around on our motel beds in Austin, Texas. See, we were waiting in the lobby of our Motel 6 while the cleaning crew finished bleaching the room's mattress stains. A couple guys walked in wearing holey black shirts and whatever hat it was that was cool at the time (porkpie?) and I noticed one of his tattoos was the quintessential image of a bible with the cloth bookmark resting outside of it. Only his tattoo had the word 'nihilism' etched into the book's cover and could only fit one or two letters per line, therefore his tattoo was a book with the letters spread out like this:
Ni-
h-
il-
i-
sm.
I literally had to hold my ab muscles from the pain of laughing for seven hours straight. Really, it became the symbol and metaphor for everything about SXSW.

PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE :)




Did you think this was a SXSW post? It's not. It's completely about fashion inspiration.

ANYWAY!

It's Friday (yay!) and I'm completely, completely, completely out of clean clothes. Right now I'm wearing a dress that I spilled soup on yesterday and my bikini bottoms. I know the responsible protocol would include doing laundry ASAP, but I've decided to go shopping instead. Justification sentence that you don't have to read: It's not like I'm buying a new wardrobe, especially since I don't have the cash for that, but I'm in a fashion inspiration mood and want to act on it now while I feel like buying a see-through lace top with gold boots, plus I'll only shop at thrift store and maybe like only one mall trashy girl shop and one department store clearance rack and anyway, this way I can wait until Marc gets off of work to do laundry with him so really, it's a better strategy to just go shopping for new clothes now.

Here's some inspiration photos:

The first 7 come from lookbook.nu.
LOOKBOOK.nu:

LOOKBOOK.nu:
I'm so not into the fluffy, puffy, bright, floral, cutesy skirts that are infecting stores lately, but I really want opaque black socks that fit either right below or right above my knee.

LOOKBOOK.nu:
YES to the black cutout toe boots. YES to the sheer gray knee length dress. YES to the black slip. YES to the (hopefully fake) fur. YES to the bangs.

LOOKBOOK.nu:

LOOKBOOK.nu:
Now I want something in yellow...

LOOKBOOK.nu:
And obviously I love this because I am obsessed with teen girl runaway in cheap clothes. That's what plays in my brain when I'm daydreaming.

Not a big fan of mags that Photoshop nipples out of the picture, but I'm really liking lace right now:

These next 3 come from gnarlitude, liz thayer and scott pommier photography (giving credit where it's due):
I want this... everything.
Living my life.
The kind of girl who jumps fences.
These 2 are from The Love Magazine:
How much do you want to wear chokers again?
And I'm only slightly not considering this look. Las Vegas is coming up, after all.

Alright, I'm out. Have fun today! Be considerate and happy or whatever.

1 comments:

Claire said...

Can we go shopping in Vegas? Pretty please! I love these pics.

Post a Comment