Sunday, December 6, 2009

black fwiday

Lobos lawn gnome at wally world. Normal.

So, Black Friday guys! There were approximately 8,000,000 BF sales in Albuquerque so I can't even imagine what nyc and chi-chi were like. Luckily, only 3 sales were worth buying into.

  1. Down comforter (any size) for $20 at Kmart.
  2. Staple gun for free (after rebate) at Ace Hardware.
  3. Miley Cyrus fringe boots for 15 bucks at Walmart.
The other "sales" were such bad deals. It was horrifying seeing how much $$$ the Borg Collective forked over for beyond shitty merch. That being said, we were totally one of the Borg that day as well. Pout!

Target was the worst BF offender, BY FAR. $500 Xmas trees, $80 GPS tvs, $500 remote controls. Plus, someone changed their disgusting little baby's diaper in the shoe department and left the dirty mess behind. Nachos were pretty good tho.

Yikes. Adding "exfoliant" to the shopping list tout suite :(


Thought we were moving to 7th and Lomas. Turns out we're not moving within ABQ at all. Saving money for THE BIG MOVE OF 2010. Details coming soon!

Anyway, bla bla bla, it was a great sociological exploration to shop on Black Friday. Seeing mobs of sweaty, angry people claw at each other for Sex and the City: The Movie could depress the shit out of you, but if you convince yourself hard enough, it becomes hilarious.

Here are our spoils:

This, plus a loaf of challah and two candles, made up Marc's Shabbat and Kiddush. I joined him, but only because I love sweet wine. Baruch atah adonai!

Smith's on Montgomery and Louisiana sells PAPER MAGAZINE?! Not even Page 1 sells paper magazine. Plus, a 99 cent jaguar brooch.

Converse pea coat.

Marc's boring stuff.

Massage oil and beeswax candles.

Blue and white for Marc.

(from l to r: Tiva's, Chomper's, Moshe's, and (obviously) Baby's stocking)

I'm glittering their names onto it this weekend. Looks like some cats are getting their own personal supply of catnip!!!!!!

OUR NEW XMAS TREE! IT'S PLASTIC, WHITE AND RAINBOW!

xmas tree porn.

Me: "Do you love it, Chompers?!"

Chompers: "I am not sure yet, it is foreign to me. I will like it more if you sprinkle catnip on it."

Me: "Chompers, Xmas trees are not for playing or eating. You just look at it and think nice thoughts."

Chompers: "Then, I have no place for it in my already full life."

Chompers has been completely ignoring the tree since Black Friday!

A shiny yarmulke and a rainbow Xmas tree. THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT!!!!!!!

"Meow."

"Please stop taking pictures so I can clean behind my tail!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment