Tuesday, June 29, 2010

disconnected means more when you're new in town

Summer vacation day 11. Sheesh! The internet connectivity in this here swampy southern suburb is unreliable at best and completely non-existent at worst. I'm currently leaching unsecured wifi from someone named "Cobb" who only turns on their modem after midnight on weekdays. Plus there are bullfrogs prattling on somewhere just outside my window. Also today I bought a bundle of clothes from H&M and Forever 21 so expect me to look new clothes confident later this week. I will take snaps (by the way, I have a whole new fashion philosophy and basically think I finally am able to look like a babe and not childish at all (hopefully (I'll blog-splain this later))). And I must wake up very early tomorrow in order to fax my transcript requests from UNM to CNM so someone can review my petition into the Veterinary Tech program because I guess that is what I am doing with the rest of my life or at the very least the rest of my 2010 because Moshe got an abscess on his neck from a foxtail that burrowed into his skin and when we took him to the vet I had a surreal out of body experience where I just knew I wanted to work with animals in this vet setting and I guess that does not sound very thought out but what can I do? I act and then think and make excuses and goals and somehow it works out. It'll work out.

ANYWAY.

Did you know Madonna's daughter has a fashion blog now? As in, she is being paid for her opinion on fashion trends and she is 13 and is this old news?? Whatever. The internet service is so fickle here! We don't have time to discuss this right now. OK?! Here are some snaps from Monday in the swampy southern suburb.

I caved and bought a flannel. So sue me.

Tomorrow I am going back to the duck museum I went to last year (remember the hand-carved wooden mannequin whittling a hand-carved wooden duck?) and taking snaps of old southern style houses if I can do it discreetly and deciding what to rent at Planet Moviewood. So far I am 0 for 2 in terms of genius rental decisions, i.e. National Lampoon's Eternal Bummer and Across the Universe. Has anyone seen Synechdoche, New York? Thoughts? Recommendations?

P.S. I want the bottom 5 inches of my hair to be partially goldish blonde like it's been dyed and has been growing out since forever ago. So the question is should I pay a professional or do it middle school style and buy a take home highlighter kit???

0 comments:

Post a Comment