It seems like relationship questions never stop coming. And there's always 'is this right for me?' lingering somewhere. Always always. I literally roll my eyes when I read or hear 'you just know' and 'he's the one.' For fun I read sex/relationship advice columns and have figured out how usually horrible they are. Like, if you have to ask then something is wrong and only you can answer your own question, open communication bla bla bla. They like to be reassured that they are doing the 'right' thing because for idiotic reasons we are raised to think relationships are based on 'right' and 'wrong' decisions and questions are always made to be answered like the answers are more important than the question. So when I ask what does 'last chance' mean after 8 years I don't really need to know the answer because the question is information enough.
Bla bla bla! Anyway. It's just another ramblin' Thursday. These snaps are from 8 billion years ago. Enjoy!
Killer cramps today. How 'bout you? The responsible thing would be to mark today on my Robert Pattinson calendar so I know when to expect my next period. Let's see if that ever happens. I feel like somebody churned my lower back through a sausage grinder and tried to put it back in tattered pieces. Coffee might help. Marc told me he's heard that pot helps girl cramps but like it or not I'm just not into pot. I will fight for the legalization though. Or will I? Hmmm. Everyone does that thing where they support issues that fit into their image or social group but it surprises me when I do it. Looks like I'm researching Marijuana legislation today. Sigh.
I've always wondered, Are there cops out there fighting for Marijuana Legalization? Are they silently fighting for it? Are cops who are pro-legalized-pot automatically fired? When I first started working at my drug testing job I thought about drug legalization every day. And then maybe once a week. And then almost never unless someone asked me about it so maybe cops feel like they are around the 'bad kind' of drug addicts so much that they don't know where to begin.
At my job, I only dealt with the chemical extraction and analysis part of drug testing so I rarely, if ever, got to hear about the human side of drug testing. And when I did, most of the stories were pretty sad like moms losing their children because they couldn't quit drinking (not Native American (I am so sick of hearing that assumption)) or truck drivers who caused fatal accidents because of meth. I think the general public never really hears about the "boring side" of drug testing so here it is: The closer you are to drug users means the more educated opinions you can make about drug use and in that vein I'd like to think the people I worked with at the lab are more apt to make legislation regarding drug legalization than slimy politicians and lobbyists and protesters. But we are a democracy after all and sometimes noise makes more impact than experience. Anyway. Are there pro-pot cops out there? Probably. Are there enough to make an impact? Probably not.
Bye bye bangs! I'm growing 'em out now. Might as well since I'm bleaching my hair later this summer. Seriously? Seriously.
I'm making an appointment with Marc's hairdresser friend at Heart & Soul in sNob Hill for a dye job. I've been inspired by some photo of Jennifer Garner in some magazine (real specific, huh?)
This is me lazing by the pool at Buffalo Thunder Resort. I even had a cocktail with a tiny umbrella in it.
So, a few weekends ago I went to a friend's Bachelorette Party at Buffalo Thunder. And it was pretty ok considering the 'bachelorette party' concept making me ill. Please, somebody, explain to me what I'm missing that makes the BP fun. Gratuitous drinking? Already do that on normal weekends. Girl talk? Same answer. Celebrating last days as a single lady? This is the worst one! Are they expecting you to cheat or flirt with other guys? Weird.
Megan's not a party girl anyhow so we sat around the suite with penis tiaras and feather boas gabbing about life. Everyone was responsible for making their own signature cocktail for the party and someone made something called Nuclear Pink Lemonade so obviously the convo become much more interesting after that. I should note that this was the bride-to-be to my first love, high school boyfriend! Can you imagine? Girls getting along with each other despite a shared ex-boyfriend/current fiance! It's as if the catty women stereotypes only evolved in movies and tv. Wait, ew, I'm not fond of written sarcasm. You get my point, right?!
One of the girls told me "Daaaaaaaamm-mnn, look at your cleavage!" so I obvies had a fantastic time even though I accidentally farted sort of loud in the echo-y bathroom while everyone was supposed to be sleeping and was too afraid to come out right away so I sat in there for an extra 5 minutes. When I came out no one giggled or said anything so I was like 'awesome. this group is chill.' And unfortunately you will remember that story better than anything else I wrote today. Great.
And you wonder why I have fur on all of my clothes :)










0 comments:
Post a Comment