Monday, August 23, 2010

The things we do for animals

Cute link: Article about Duck Man
This story is wonderful. I think I would write about it for my final thesis in my Veterinary Tech program if the program required that sort of academic indulgence. My Vet Tech program is at a community college where most students are single parents with two night jobs so concepts like "final thesis" are replaced with "begging the babysitter to stay an extra hour so I can go to class."

Maybe I will go above and beyond my preconceived notions of the Vet Tech program and write about this story anyway. It will be my homage to this poor bank worker who runs out of his office every time a new duckling hatches. I mean, 26 ducklings in 3 years?! Do you think at first he really enjoyed running outside to catch a duckling, using his eye hand coordination at full power because the air resistance on these guys must be fairly high, but then after the 12th or so duckling an aneurysm in his brain gets a little closer to bursting whenever he sees, hears or is reminded of ducks? Pssst... hey Duck Man, do not ever go into the Albemarle Museum in North Carolina.

There is something irresistible about seeing baby animals helplessly falling off buildings. That is how I acquired 3 cats within 5 months. Maybe that is what I will write for my non-required thesis. It has the kind of snazzy charm Discover magazine might pick up and make me famous for. Baby Animals Falling Off Of Buildings: Why We Can't Turn Away. Follow up article: Cats On The Internet: The Fall Of Civilization. I am going to be famous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment