Thursday, August 19, 2010

movie trailers post

MOVIE TRAILERS POST!!!!!

I've never done a movie trailers post before (I think?) and no matter what I write it feels like an ad so whatever. Sigh. See it or not. Buy the wrong ticket or sneak in or recommend it to your mom. I dunt care. I'm just looking forward to slow and heavy fall films as opposed to the blockbuster junk we've watched this sum-sum. Read on!

The end-o-summer countdown has begun (at least in my mind) and I've been thinking about cold winds and earmuffs every once and again to vent this cocoon of bubbling hot summer weather. I think that's why these movies I'm posting look so good. They look like how fall feels... I can see myself snuggling into tall boots, tights, a wooly dress, and thin coat to sit at one of these movies, hot cocoa in hand, gloves in my pocket. Enjoy!

Black Swan

A creepy, seductive thriller! Did you get creeped out when the old weirdo introduced Natalie Portman's character on the steps and her smile wavered in that unsettling way? BECAUSE I DID! Plus, the whole ballet company background seems like you could watch this without audio and feel pretty entertained. I love those flashes of fucked-up-ness too (her reflection turning around, the black swan in the dark, that demonic club scene, the paintings moving).

The Romantics

Ok, I'm not big on the plot but it takes place in the fall in New England which is just like swoon you know? and the whole circle of friends reuniting and falling into a new life phase is dot dot dot sigh! and everyone is wearing earthy browns, creams and grays so I'm already nostalgic for it. This is the kind of movie where I'll purposely see it during the day so nobody knows I've seen it (and cried during all the sappy parts).

Lovely, Still

This trailer made me cry. In a good way. So, no duh. Seeing it.

The Social Network

If you're like me and rolled your eyes so hard at the Radiohead facebook interface intro-- at least skip to 0:52 when the movie scenes begin. I couldn't drag my eyes off the screen 'til the end. I mean, yeah. The college dorm/party scenes! The campus scenes at night! The college pub! It's all very Good Will Hunting in coloration too... sigh. It feels very fall.

Now that I've fully immersed myself in Fall, it's time to put the flip flops back on and bring in the sun tea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment