Thursday, July 9, 2009

modern movie

I'm seriously considering going to a full priced movie at the cinema this week. There are a couple possibly alright movies, i don't know, nothing mind blowing. Mostly I need to mend my theater going experiences as they are closely approaching the devastating equivalent of a five car pile-up.

The last 25 movies I've seen at the dollar theater have included so much penis jokes that I'm starting to think in terms of penis jokes. Penis jokes is my new currency, except not in a good way, because I have so much penis jokes in my bank account. I've whittled away my future by becoming a penis joke art student in NY. And eventually I'll succumb to drug addiction because everything in my life was handed to me, namely penis jokes. AND I USED TO LOVE PENIS JOKES!

Yuck, I really should have tried harder with that analogy. oh wellsies, moving on ...

Transformers looks awful, Ice Age looks awful + is meant for a kid audience, Year One looks awful (except for David Cross) + I'M UP TO MY EARS IN PENIS JOKES, DID I NOT JUST MAKE THAT CLEAR? So, it's between Public Enemies and Away We Go.

Johnny Depp will play that outlaw character well enough in Public Enemies, but Away We Go has that cutesy "our house is a very very very fine house" plotline. AND I'M OF NESTING AGE! Public Enemies has Melvin P, but Away We Go is a tear jerker and it's that time in my cycle where I need to cry at everything.
Hmmmm.

2 comments:

Jesse Schwebach said...

I saw Away We Go a couple of weeks ago. It's a charming film, but really not worth the full price. The Brothers Bloom was in the dollar movies for the last couple of weeks and ended up being really good. Unfortunately, they just stopped showing it yesterday :/

G la fille said...

That's good to know, I'm not a big fan of either the leads in Away We Go, but the plot looks cute. And I saw The Brothers Bloom at the dollars too! Great movie, maybe 30 minutes too long though.

Post a Comment