Friday, November 13, 2009

snow report '09

ALBUQUERQUE'S! FIRST! BLIZZARD! OF! 2009 (if you don't count the blizzards in January and February earlier this year and also, I believe this is not technically a blizzard, it's more like windy snow conditions)!

(but, anyway) YAY!

You could really tell something was about to hit. The Sandias were covered in a snow quilt and the air felt muted. And yes yes, the Weather Channel predicted snowstorms that afternoon. I WATCHED THE WEATHER CHANNEL? Am I already an adult?!

And as per usual, the first snow fall launched every Albuquerque stay at home mom/dad into their green SUVs to buy out the canned goods and bottled water section at Walmart. Oh my gawwwwwwwd, we can't let the bomb shelter run out of suppliessszzzz!!!!

To be honest, my bomb shelter supplies are pretty weak. I've got toe nail clippings, 6 Frontier cups, Field Guide to North American Wildflowers, blindfold, pizza box without pizza and a feline toothbrush. Are bomb shelter supplies what you've kicked under the bed from last week? Question for the ages, I guess.

This is what it looks like to take a picture directly upward while it is snowing.

Stop me before my snow conversation whips your head off your shoulders.

And of course, the cats wanted to see why SUVs were racing down the street and crashing into each other at the intersection. I'm really lucky I bought those mini flannel jackets for the kitties before the winter rush. I'm only sort of kidding.

And then the next day, I put my shorts back on and we decorated for Halloween.

It was really hot. I had to put ice cubes in my coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment