Wednesday, November 25, 2009

summer blues: a reason for the season

City sidewalks! Busy sidewalks! Dressed in holiday style! In the air there's a feeling of ...

Billy's birthday dinner!

Ready for some undeserved nostalgia? Literally 3 months ago and it feels like years. Bill's birthday is sort of like our group's anniversary. It's a Friendiversary! Not to be confused with friend diversity, which is something we clearly do not have. CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!

The birthday din din was, as per usual, formal and well-meaning, but ultimately awkward and totally not our personalities. We couldn't have been more opposite from ourselves than during Billy's B-day dinner. Ash and I were quiet and calm. Marc was smiling. Tim was Miss Manners. Simon was appropriate. Jay didn't mention the Masons. Bill was Bill, but that's ok, it's his party and he'll cry if he wants to. Besides, how could I complain about free food and wine?

After dinner foreplay, we went dtown.

Nice eye infection.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Um. Ok. It's one of those pics that we think looks horrible now, but wait 6 years and we'll look back and say 'ZYX! WE LOOKED SO YOUNG AND FRESH!' so I'm keeping it up bad angle, greasy skin and all. By the way, "zyx" is the future's "omg."

I'm listening to Fleetwood Mac while writing this. You can listen with me. I'm on track 2 of Rumours.

in the stillness of remembering
what you had
and what you lost
and what you had
and what you lost

Say, women, they will come and they will go
when the rain washes you clean, you'll know

Classic Si expression.

We spent quality time screaming into each other's ears at Anodyne.

Best buddies, can't you tell?

Your shirt has to be this <-----------------------------------------------> unbuttoned to sit here.

Silence. We sat around in nonversation until someone brought up the fall-back topic, high school friends ... yeesh. At least when we girls get into a lull, our fall-back convo is bjs in public. You boys are too squeamish and immature to participate in that one tho. Maybe next year.

I like the progression of these three:

Awww!

Umm, Bill? You're choking her.

Way too tight, B! Also, I like how the guys in the back posed thinking I was snapping them. lolz 4 life.

what you had and what you lost
and what you had
and what you lost

WHERE'S THE AFTER PARTY?! Let's get the fuck outta here.

(Damn it, just as the convo gets good. We were contemplating the hierarchy of girls that Alex has bedded or attempted to bed (p.s. look at lane staring at a&b from the other table. hahahaha!))

Some of these are heartbreaking. It reminds me that we may not be this close one day. (On track 7 - the chain)

I love how a couple hours in Anodyne makes anyone look like they just barely survived a 50 mile hike without water.

Love this photo. We're positively and negatively charged particles bouncing off one another.

listen to the wind blow, down comes the night

running in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies

break the silence

damn the dark, damn the light

I'm being unnecessarily nostalgic and silly. Moving on :) I'm on track 8 now

Gulp!

Gulp!!

The weary, but brief moment of self-disgust during after after party.

How much do you hate/love that pose Si's doing? It's the "hon, get down and give me a hummer" pose, at least I think it is. Quick, Dr. Internet Porn, research this and tell me if it's true. (Marc has gotten his PhD in internet porn back in '96. He's working on his 5th novel by now and can't be bothered by rudimentary questions.)

Naturally, the night didn't end here. I'll continue the post later, baby doll.

Up to this point, though, it wound up being a classic night with the classic characters. Arguing about Vietnam conflict era music. Debates on cute vs. sexy. And reminiscing about sex on doggy beds. It's a sweet intersection in our mostly separate lives.

2 comments:

initialzero said...

feeling blue myself

G la fille said...

Blue balls?

Post a Comment