Wednesday, April 8, 2009

echo and the bunnymen

Glasvegas (have you listened to them yet? go do it!) just ended their set and Crystal Method went on again while the roadies set up tangled instruments.

Meanwhile, Marc's and my heartbeats were thumping through our shirts.

We had accidentally sneaked into the super (-cilious) V.I.P. balcony of SPIN magazine's SXSW show and were trying desperately to fit in. Marc acted disinterested with the whole scene (even though there were three extremely hot nineteen year olds in shorty jean shorts and see-throughish white tops drinking beers and dancing in front of him - BITE YOUR KNUCKLE!) and luckily I didn't have to do much since my face already looks like a post-Botox treatment. Nobody's face was natural at Stubb's.

We were trying to out-obnoxious the other V.I.P.'s. We rolled our eyes a thousand times even though our insides were doing cartwheels in a sunny meadow!

So that's Perry Farrell telling a story about playing Echo and the Bunnymen songs.

This is Marc (understandably) jacking off while taking a picture of Perry Farrell.

It was a good story, whatever it was about. The most important thing is that his beautiful wife, Etty Farrell, was standing on the side stage smoking a cigarette like whatever, this is life, so what?

How fucking cool. Also, this picture exists:

Here's Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen. I don't know who the other guys are and I'm pretty sure Will Sergeant didn't turn into the dad from Roseanne. Oh wellsies, at least they played E and the B songs alright. Here's a better picture of Ian McCulloch:

swoon, ri?

So many douchebags. Some guy there had his shirt completely unbuttoned and talked to everyone by looking over his glasses, like this:

On a side note, didn't somebody from Miami Vice or the Teen Wolf movies do this all the time? I tried google searching for "looking over sunglasses + miami vice" and "looking over sunglasses + teen wolf" and all I got was this photo of Bono from U2. Still, lol. Lol for eternity.

Did I take this picture? I don't remember holding the camera? Weird. Anyway, I was having total heart throbs over their drummer. Doesn't he look like a band nerd who did well for himself?

Ew, a rare unguarded moment! Will I look back one day in my 50s and think I look young here? Look at that background guy's scowl! Everyone was so bothered to be there. lolz.

We made it all the way through! Woo! Then they kicked everyone out to set up for Metallica. yawnsville.

0 comments:

Post a Comment