Remember how I said Stubb's kicked everyone out because they were setting up for Metallica? Yeah? Well, several hours later, we walked back to the venue and seriously dimwitted individuals were standing outside just hoping with all their magic pixie dust that they'd somehow be able to get by security. Oh heart of hearts! Wish I may, wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight!
Let me get this perfectly clear ...
You come all the way to the middle of NOWHERE, Austin, Texas, and you wait outside of a 10 foot tall gate just to hear a crappy rendition of Enter Sandman? Really? This makes you happy? Daniel fucking JOHNSTON is down the street playing for ten people in a dirty dive bar, Dinosaur Jr is singing for whoever at Cedar Street, Lady Sovereign is playing somewhere for free and you would rather stand in a pile of alley feces to effectively do the same thing as listening to Metallica on the radio. Really?
No one. I mean NO ONE should ever be such a big metallica fan that they'd rather tongue a metallica roadie's asshole than walk over to any of the other free fucking wonderful shows available. Seriously, pick one:
jason lytle
peter, bjorn and john
grizzly bear
camera obscura
devo (yeah, that devo)
shearwater
crystal stilts
cursive
third eye blind (to be ironic, obvs)
glasvegas
vivian girls
And the list goes on and on and on ... Mr. B and I were awash in a sea of diehard metallica morons. It was like being back in downtown Albuquerque. Home sweet home!
seriously. get us the fuck out of that scene.
We called Simey and they were at this bar a few blocks from 6th street and Red River.
la lee la! we took the long way there and watched old men oogle PYT's.
I found this strange photo. It looks like it belongs in a 24 hour diner bathroom:
Oh! Also, Marc and I decided to get a hotel for that night because we figured sleeping in the car was giving us cancer. LONG STORY SHORT: we checked in, I changed into my night slutty clothes (still, they're never cute or slutty enough, le sigh!), we went to a tex mex restaurant and both had gigantic margaritas. You know, the kind that 8 or 9 people all sit around in Cabo San Lucas and drink from with different multi-colored straws? The kind of cup you could bathe a large infant in?
Anyway, after we each finished our own, i swear to god, the servers and bartenders all gave us the "that'll do pig. that'll do" nod of approval. The rest of the night was rose-colored and dizzy. IN A GOOD WAY! Although, that now explains why we found ourselves at the metallica concert. moving on.
Si tricked us into paying $5 for a no-name band at a no-name venue. :(
Ok, confession: actually, none of the night shows were free. You either needed a badge or you'd have to pay anywhere from $5 to $50 to get into certain bars or venues. Even then, the security at SXSW were mainly volunteers so we're talking about music nerds and old dads guarding the entrances and exits. In these rare cases, a set of round 24 year old C-cups hold more weight (pun FTW!) than a common badgie.
But like I wrote before, Marc and I were sort of just floating on a tequila cloud so nothing really made sense to us for the first couple hours.
ew, let's just agree this is a bad pic for both of us, k?
Si daddy decided to stick with us (awwww!) instead of his work buddies and we went back to the metallica venue .... for a good reason ....
because .... there was an unofficial afterparty .... hosted by .....
DJ SHADOWWWWWWWWW!!!! oh my effing gawd!
dance party!!!
I was drinking tall high lifes too? sheesh.
wait. and cranberry vodkas? um, how was i able to walk?
great. when did this happen?
hmmm ... looks like we had fun. (?) lol.



































0 comments:
Post a Comment