Friday, February 22, 2008

elfenland


Elfenland is a game I picked out at Active Imagination. It was between Elfenland and an Arabian marketplace game and Manhattan. You should go to Active Imagination at some point, it's next to Page One Two on the corner of Juan Tabo and Montgomery. If you don't consider yourself well versed in nerd culture then don't be scared of the sound when you walk in, it's from Star Trek, i think. i don't really know. I usually either feel hyper confident or really bad when I go there cause I'm the most attractive girl to walk in the store that week, maybe month, possibly year and none of the guys there look me in the eyes. Also, I don't know enough about Magic the gathering, 5+ sided dies, or the big D&D (dungeons and dragons) to make any friends or conversations there. Sometimes the attitude at AI edges on self-important and pretentious but that's also gamer culture. No humble gamers.

This makes me want to write about girly things, i might do it later today.

So elfenland is candyland to me. you always tried to pick that orange card to get rainbow road but lord licorice was hot so it was ok to go all the way around and yikes scary gingerbread mama. which one was i? princess lolly or queen frostine? elfenland's modes of transportation are irresistable. troll wagons, elf cycles, rafts, giant pigs, unicorns, dragons and magic clouds. aaaaaahahahah! you try and put your whole life on an elf cycle and then lose. it's not a pretty break down. i'm really bored of this subject and feel bad cause i wanted to write a whole story about active imagination and how their menu is 5 pages long but they only sell pickles and easy mac and beef jerky AND OH YEAH I wanted to write more about candy land and the intricacies of being a chutes and ladder child or candy land child but i'm too apathetic now. apathetic. languid. snooooooooooooze.

0 comments:

Post a Comment