what a jinx. everytime I say I'll post something later in the day I never do.Anyway, we saw 'ma quando arrivano le ragazze?' which means 'when do the girls arrive?' and basically I recommend this movie to anyone who has ever played a real instrument not like a guitar or drums in a too cool band but like a clarinet or sousaphone. I say this because simon and tim did not like it a lot and marc and i (trumpet and oboe) liked it alright. also, watch this for the good looking guys because the two guy actors are melty beautiful and who am i kidding, the lady turned me on as well. plus it was romantic but in a sad way and also I was buzzed. All those elements combined almost made me make out with the wasp lady sitting next to me i was so turned on. OK. MOVING ON.
The movie is about Gianco, who plays sax, and Nick, who plays trumpet, and meet at the auditions for a music school. Gianco is classically trained i.e. privileged slightly overconfident and Nick can't read music and stole the trumpet from the backseat of a porsche but plays CLIFFORD BROWN music perfectly. They both get in to the school and meet a girl named Francesca who is the 3rd most beautiful girl in italy. Gianco falls in love with her romantically and she is his one and only but Nick is all about sex and his face has more testosterone indicators. I mean, just look at him. He's the one on the right, he looks like he just satisfied 17 women. Anyway, Gianoco's love for Francesca goes without any reciprocation for years and meanwhile Nick and Gianco form a jazz band with three other men, one is a pianist who sleeps with wealthy women and follows astronomy and the other two are brothers who look like thieves and one of them gets addicted to speed, i think. Like there's this scene where G is teaching N how to read music and he's playing F scale like blahm blahm blahm BLahm BLAhm BLAHM BLAHM BLAHM! and he gets it right and in my head i was like, yeah right, you don't get excited over a scale, you get excited over like 20 bars of really high quick notes in an actual piece or something. anyway, that's my only complaint.
Since Nick is a prodigy, he gets all the attention and has to quit the band because music companies want JUST HIM and everyone is kind of jealous but just mostly like, eh. Meanwhile, Francesca was supposed to be married to some guy but he called the wedding off and of course Gianco and her got together and yes, there were nips showing but simon pretended not to see them. G and F move in together and Nick has a few months off from his trumpet tour so he comes to visit for G's birthday. At the party Nick gives Francesca a sly little sex look that Gianco sees. So Gianco becomes jealous and the couple fight a lot. Meanwhile, the whole band get together again to perform in clubs in Bologna. Anyway, there's more to the ending but I'll leave it like this. And I love that Gianco says that all the adultery and fights and cloudy behavior could be saved by Francesca's beauty, and yeah yeah, i know that's silly, contrived and forever wrong but so what i was like crying and hugging myself when he said that.
The actor who played Nick is here below on the left. wolf whistle.
then here is a scene from the movie, Gianco, Francesca and Nick. hahahah. remember wearing your backpack straps that low in middle school???
And here is Gianco. ok, I like him too.
And the best part wasn't even part of the movie. I loved loved loved sitting in the crowded lobo theater like shoulder to shoulder, it reminded me of the movie scenes from my favorite cheesiest movie, UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN, yeah yeah, it's probably disney produced, suck it. I guess I realized that empty theaters are a pet peeve of mine,like waste not want not or something. Also, my all time favorite crush who makes me forget my own name was at the theater.We all went dancing at Burt's later that night and nothing interesting happened except a guy friend caressed my waist, waist not want not get it? haha, not, what a loser joke, and like the valentine's day bar crowd was pretty fucked up. You were either a 40+ year old born again slut or a 19 year old with fake id and mall bought clothes.

0 comments:
Post a Comment