Every single day, as soon as I open my eyelids, I try to stay as busy busy busy as possible so my brain doesn't atrophy. I look up part time jobs and clean up after the sweet kittens. I make library book lists and practice my french. I tutor Ahmed and memorize Paul Simon lyrics. I relearn my physical chemistry theorems (never forget!). ETCETERA! ETCETERA!
Well, now that I'm a fully developed 25 (!) year old, I should start making schedules and routines. I hereby declare Thursdays as my french and spanish practice day. Phew!
Anyway, did I tell you about Ahmed? I'm tutoring him in ESL so let me know if you have any advice. I think watching a few episodes of Gossip Girl and flipping through Martha Stewart mags may not be enough. Wait. Wait. Let's change Gossip Girl to Golden Girls and I think we've got a winning combo. Ahmed, please don't fire me ... mama needs le cash.
Love, G la fille
P.S. And because I'm a self-indulgent asshole and I buy myself birthday presents, I'll tell you what they may be:
- cool camera, whatever that means. I guess maybe a fisheye camera or one with a neckstrap.
- microscope with digi camera attachment - I found a child of the earth, so I wanted to dissect it and show you all!
- keyboard to compose cat songs on!
- tattoo - probably not, but I was thinking to commemorate my beloved dead rats, Victor Allen and Sunshine, R.I.P.

0 comments:
Post a Comment