Wednesday, May 6, 2009

po thead

UPDATE: uhm, this is about my neighbors. not me. obviously.

I've woken up twice in the last two nights choking on the dirty gutter stench of cheap marijuana smoke. Generally, depending on how valuable I feel my life is, I sleep with my window open. It would be easy for a total maniac to squeeze his arm through the window and shoot me in the face. But, he could do that with the window closed and anyhow, I like to let my cats run in and out at night.

ANYWAY, gun shot wounds to the face or not, New Mexico summer nights are tragically beautiful to experience and I will sleep with my window open until the first rude snowflake comes tumbling down. Do you remember? Warm, dry heat. The large yellow moon in our starry black sky. The oatmeal-colored sidewalks radiating heat waves from the piercing sunlight of the day. And that gritty methodical step-step-step-step of walking your flip flops on the sand-covered streets. The cool air at night. And goosebumps! Our cool, windy, dark nights.

BROKEN!

Now, when I wake up, my hair and skin smells like I've been hotboxing the fuck out of my apartment. If it continues for the next two days, I may have to call my landlord .... maybe. Except, I don't want them to know I'm complaining 'bout them. Maybe an anonymous tip to the cops? Except, I'm not an asshole. Hmmm. Someone help me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment