Thursday, May 20, 2010

Alexa Chung, eye for fashion

Last summer when I wasn't working and spent most of the day sitting inside reading, crafting, browsing the internet and online window shopping I decided to get interested in Soap Operas. You know, Days of Our Lives, As The World Turns, Guiding Light. I felt like I was living the cliche housewife lifestyle what with loads of free time and eating bon-bons, etc. and felt like I'd abide by the cliche housewife hobbies as much as that sentiment makes me weep and barf at the same time.

Certain waves of feminism would tell me to feel like shit for living this way and to that I say a big FUCK YOU VERY MUCH. It drives me a little nuts when people criticize a lifestyle they have no experience in whatsoever. Housewife-ing as I found is highly fun and addictive in short quantities. It also made me feel old and useless... But without it I would never had sought out my tutoring gigs :)

ANYWAY. Turns out, I hate soap operas. They're boring, waver back and forth between requiring either too much or too little attention, and often made me wish I were reading some historically intellectual poetry and I hate historically intellectual poetry (mostly.) So during housewife summer I watched It's On with Alexa Chung, a live talk show at 12 noon on MTV and pretty much fell in love with Alexa and am still in love to this day. She is who I research before I go shopping IRL. Enjoy!

By the way, here is some lovely English rock from Radiohead while you peruse the photos!

Radiohead - Worrywort












































I think we'd be bff's if I were also born a lanky British beauty with affinities toward television presentation. Total hearts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment