Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dress Accordingly...

Unlike the more crucial aspects of my life, i.e. job, graduate school, birth control (or lack thereof), I like to have my birthday parties planned to the fucking tee. This year, the idea of a picnic at the park, roasting nicely under the hot desert sun, eating watermelon and mint, gathering under shade trees, huddled together with our Jack Daniels and iced tea seemed about right for turning 26. A lazy afternoon eating grilled food on the grass, watching the skate park and baseball games, no big deal.

I looked for images of "picnic + party + pretty + hipster - dirty - annoying + food" on the internet for inspiration and consistently found the same style. Beautifully quirky girl with long wavy hair drinking out of teacups on vintage cloth with cute cruisers in the background. Basically girls trying so hard to be Zooey Deschanel and that's not me, unfort. Still, they are very pretty pictures and I posted them below... interspersed among the greatest Guns 'n' Roses photos on the web. There. That should sum it all up YAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Best photo ever, y/y?

I really hope it's more Axl than Zooey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment