Sunday, May 16, 2010

all hail the dumpster police

So guess fucking what?

We got caught, questioned and detained* held until our IDs passed check by UNM campus police tonight.

Caught! We were literally inside the gigantic green dumpster, backs against the wall when they screamed at us to get out.

We had nothing to hide. Marc, acting like the punk asshole I've known all this time gave them shit for detaining* stopping us. "We're just going through these spoiled college kids' trash. There's nothing illegal here. Let us go." Jay keeps quiet. I lie and tell them I have no ID.

The younger police officer shines the flashlight in our eyes, two inches from our faces, "going through trash?" The older, obviously entertained by the scenario cop tells us "why don't you kids come back to conduct your UNM business at a more appropriate time." LOL.

Will do, yessir. We'll conduct our dumpster diving at a more reasonable hour. How's 8am looking for you?

*Marc said we weren't technically detained because we weren't held in a detention center, but we couldn't have just walked away while they were yelling at us either so I guess I mean 'detain' in the basic poetic way... burp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment