We made $161 and some cents today at our very first, very swanky (yeah right) yard sale.I painted the signs, I'll post pics tomorrow, and they came out looking sort of gruesome, weird, Rocky Horror Picture Show-ish which cracks me up because you know those elderly ladies swung by after looking at the sign with a disembodied mouth yakkity-yakking "YARD SALE, BABAY!"
Things I can't believe that sold: used make-up, magazines with pages torn out, white sweater loaded with cat barf, VHS of some Whoopi Goldberg movie, broken necklaces, Hello Kitty notebook with notes from Inorganic Chem lecture, picture frame with my family's picture already in it (weird), and cardboard flowers.
Things I can't believe didn't sell: orange wig, my multitude of beautiful dresses (for only $3 each!!), musical jewelry box, unused chopsticks from Cost Plus, 60's and 70's pop records, hipster glasses, and my barely used heels.
We sell again on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Why don't yard sales happen in the evening???!! It makes more sense! We were thinking of selling into the afternoon on Saturday and then giving away a free beer with every $5 purchase of clothes :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment