Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our house is falling down

How do you describe the sound a screw makes when being drilled into plywood? There's the metallic whirring of the mechanical drill. The squeaking fits of wood being pinched. The final THUMP! when you know it's in. But it's difficult to capture that hearty happiness when you know housework is going on somewhere nearby.

Drills in plywood and 94 Rock are blasting from the Dry Hole Neighbors apartment... my next door neighbors, with rice paper walls. With nine hour long sexcapades. With corny arguments about laundry. They must have major water damage in their bathroom. The landlord hired two guys to move into the other empty apartment and spend this week fixing the roof slash ceiling situation. Guys who blast "Feel Like Making Love" and Guns 'n Roses at 9 in the morning. Who have a ciggie dangling out of their mouth while using the circular saw. I've talked to them a few times, very nice. Very down to earth. After getting back from over the top Vegas and $90 limo rides, I relished talking to the handymen while drinking our Budweiser. Not imported ales! Not Fat Tire! But actual Budweiser, the beer of dads and men who work with their hands.

I'm sure there's a Men Who Drink This Beer Act Like This, Men Who Drink That Beer Act Like That chart somewhere on the internet. Right now, though, it's either Bud or it's not.

P.S. re-reading this, I realize I sound like I'm getting paid to write this as an advertisement for Budweiser... that sucks :( Next week I'll do one for Chimay and we'll be even :)

2 comments:

claire said...

Aww! I love the pics! Ahhhmen to the Budweiser.

G la fille said...

Yeah, I feel like I can't drink Bud unless I've hammered a nail into something first :)

Post a Comment