I'm forcing my brain to think it's time for chemistry finals and with that same impending doom rush rush! energy I'll publish all those damn drafts I've been writing about. I'd like to get them done before my 26th birthday picnic. A clean slate for my new age :)
My other scans had little drawings of forest animals and squiggly portraits of my classmates in the margins. I thought these looked more professional. Also, why do I still have these notes?
Here's the first one, a lovely walk in Albuquerque's Nob Hill neighborhoods, cutting our feet on broken beer bottles.CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE :)
New Mexico's fall season is like a national secret. Rumors about boring desert seasons, colorless tree limbs and static climates are whispered by the idiots of the East Coast. Let them whisper. I'll take this walk in solitude.
The wind storm tore down branches and ripped leaves from tree limbs, leaving all the carnage resting in the street the next day. It felt like the morning after having a huge fight with your parents. Overly silent. Meaningful. Cautious.
Strange to see so many green leaves on the sidewalk. Short life.
We stomped around so many snobby front yards. Crunching dry leaves under our shoes. Satisfying.
That night, I think I had a date with myself (nerdy way of saying no one wanted to hang out.) I went to a classy sex toy auction. An older gentleman talked to me about dressing up in a saddle and letting pretty girls ride him. Fortunately, I swallowed my barf.
It's nice to be alone in a pile of strangers clinging to their friends and partners for support. It reminds me what a cool girl I am... even if I am a jobless, ex-chemist with 4 cats and a blog :)
Although, being alone is much easier when I come home to a cat wearing a lumberjack outfit.
"I will sulk until you take this asinine jacket off of me."
"Sigh..."

























0 comments:
Post a Comment