Hopefully, without sounding preachy, drinking like that is such a waste. Wasted memories, wasted money, wasted morning after and usually, wasted day as well. Was this a youthful phase? A facet of making mistakes and learning from them? Am I maturing from this experience or damaging myself because of it? To me, and I think, maybe to a lot of other people my age, it's impossible to see the difference in ephemeral vices and the beginning of harmful dependency.
So, when I got invited to go cray cray downtown on Saturday, I saw it as an opportunity to test out my sobriety. I would put myself in a group of friends with drinks and restrain myself. Could I do it? Turns out, yeah, I can, this time. I think, it may not seem like a big deal, but it is a small victory that becomes more significant each day. That was only a couple days dry, we'll see how I am after a couple months!
Obvie, this is only for my own little heart and brain. To each their own! I don't regret my fledgling lush years, and anyway, this is sounding like a closing statement to rehab release papers. I'm not shaking from neurological damage quite yet and no amount of promises here will keep me from going bonkers in Las Vegas or occasionally with the girls. But, realizing I was using alcohol as a requirement for going out was nutso.
The biggest reason I decided to slow down my drink-drink is my skin condition! I've been consistently breaking out all over my face, chest and back for the past several months. And um, yuck. Nothing motivates me quicker than threatening my goal of looking 21 forever! Ooh, forever 21, that reminds me, I'm revamping the wardrobe with $$$ I'm going to make at the yard sale. What do u think of my inspiration photos?
French ingenue meets siren meets untamed youth ... just, anything not empire waisted. I'm so desperately tired of that silhouette on my body. And if nothing else, I will have clear skin damn it! Here's to a glass of milk* right before bed!!!!
*rice milk- I'm head over heels in love with that stuff.













0 comments:
Post a Comment