Monday, January 25, 2010

time for change

This is what it looks like to move out of an apartment on the last day of 2009.

Smelly, rotten roses. Great.

Beautiful drawing by A. Williams of NY.

Good idea. Lotions, cat collars, picture frames and My Little Pony. That makes sense. I must have organized my boxes based on how much they make me say AWWW! I'll have no problem finding this stuff later.

WAAAAAAAAAH! I haven't done ANYTHING to upgrade my mini mansion. It's like a physical embodiment of my deteriorating intellect ... AM I LIVING THE PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GREY?!

Most of it was packed away so we decided to take a break and make burgers at Marc's place. We could finish the job on new year's day (all hungover, still drunk and terribly grumpy).

Our bikes in a mattress bag.

The extra couch was shoved into the dining room.

Thanks for helping out, guys.

Then we got claustrophobic and went to the Paseo skate park.

New Year's Eve happened. Woke up unpleasantly dehydrated and finished packing my things into small boxes.

(Actually, Marc packed and loaded things into the cars and I posed for a dozen photos because I am a girl and obsessed with my self-image and documenting memories.)

What if my nipples were that large? (the most unimportant question ever asked). ANYWAY!

Goodbye, pyracantha bush! It was occasionally fun to fall into you after stumbling home from Joe's. You will always remind me of my strained and confusing post-college months and the incredible freedom when I realized I was free from anyone and everyone's judgment of my life. I was a free sparrow on your thorny branches ...

Nostalgia makes me geeky.





Goodbye! Goodbye! Goodbye, little house on Vassar. I never could have imagined all the strange, fun, weird, crazy things to happen to me since I moved into you. Now, I will have a little shelf in my heart where all the memories of you will live. I will always be that girl in shorty shorts, neon nail polish and heart sunglasses when I think of you! Goodbye, little house. Goodbye, Goodbye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment