Friday, January 29, 2010

what is it about Girls

Let me grace you with the memories of our Wednesday night. We saw Girls at Launchpad:

Very chill. Surfer guitar pop.

Everything about them reminds me of California. They look like palm trees and coconut sunscreen and sound like an ocean sunset.

You really could forget about the face-numbing cold winds outside.

The crowd was decent, too. Marc and I counted 4 extremely wasted babes looking to get laid, E.W.B.L.T.G.L. So based on the regular people to EWBLTGL ratio, I'd say there were 140 people there.

The whole show was wonderful and pretty (Ok, secretly, the only part that sucked was how they kept referencing their girlfriends on the side of the stage, who were drinking jack daniels and wearing fur coats. And not that that sucks on its own, but it just reminded me that I'm not traveling around the country with my boyfriend's band, being a cute little ice cube to their hot mess. One day, I will have enough courage to ask the band if they want me to come with them, I'm cute to look at and make great macaroni salad! Le sigh ...)

Oh also, linebacker thighs and jeggings don't mix, see above bass player.

Pretty effing cool, good job Albuquerque!

And here are some photos of Girls from the interweb:

0 comments:

Post a Comment