MOVIES THAT MOVED YOU.

Inspiration! Ah, inspiration. I'm so grateful for inspiration that I try not to think of the word/feeling too often just in case I jinx myself and lose all current inspiration cycling around in my head, but movies that move you are FULL of inspiration. It's complete sensory overload and feels good to laugh, cry, become angry, physically scared, EVERYTHING! How amazing! It's almost as if you could pause any scene from one of your top 10 (High Fidelity reference) movies that move you list and jostle some inspiration right down into your fingertips :)
Some movies that move me are: Rocky, Almost Famous, The Virgin Suicides, Amelie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, O Brother, Where Art Thou? Is my movie list reading like a 15 year old's Myspace profile? Hmmm ... Titles of movies keep washing up on the shores of my brain, but do they mean anything to me anymore? White Oleander? Some Like It Hot? Ghost World? And that's not even accounting for the movies that I love, but am too embarrassed to get into detail here (Hello, Under the Tuscan Sun).
What I'm trying to say is that there is no better feeling for me than watching a movie that fills me up. Losing track of time and circumstances and living right inside of the screen. When shapes and colors makes as large of a statement as words and sounds. It feels like making a new friend.
What movies move you? I will probs be commenting movies I forgot all week :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment