PURPLE TACOS.

Well, well, well! I never thought I'd have a GIRL TALK labeled purple tacos, but whatevs. This is about food double-underline, exclamation point. This particular Luxirare article is one of my top favs of hers. Do you know why? If you read through her comments and commenters' own taco recipes you realize how unchanged Southwestern food really is :) Maybe it's just me, - tell me if it is! - but when I cook New Yoik Italian dinners, Southern comfort food or California organic vegan recipes I really mess with them. The NY Italian food is seasoned with green chiles ... the Southern food is baked with vegetarian chicken patties ... the California organic vegan is deep fried and covered in oil, etc! And I think other geographic groups do the same exercise of giving adopted cuisine their personal touches EXCEPT FOR SOUTHWESTERN FOOD! Tortilla, meat or beans, cheese, a couple veggies and chile! Nothing more, nothing less.
Or not? What do you think? Am I giving southwestern food too much credit? Is someone out there making alligator meat tacos with pineapple and dill sauce? Tell me!
Here are a couple of my favory-favorite southwest taco recipes:
uncooked corn tortilla (fry in veggie oil for a few minutes, mold to taco shape)
chicken or quorn brand chik'n (cooked 'til cooked, uh duh)
zucchini chopped julienne style
mashed avocado
cheddar cheese (grated)
Pedro's jalapeno sauce (only a few drops, it's beyond hot!!)
uncooked corn tortilla (fry in veggie oil for a few and then mold to taco shape)
ground beef or veggie chile with taco seasoning
red chile (just one spoonful)
tomato drizzled with salt and pepper
thinly sliced lettuce
queso fresco
five slivers of green chile
YUM!!! Please feel free to leave your recipes in the comments :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment