Friday, March 5, 2010

last one of the night

Alright, I'm pooped!

I sort of meant to crank out a few more GIRL TALK or TRAVEL TRIP posts tonight, but I'm so sick of reading my own writing and I'm sure it's coming off pretty bland tonight because of that. I'm sorry. I'm presently on travel day doce and have last posted travel day cinco ... uhm, not good. I shouldn't be that far behind. I promise you I have very interesting posts from my travel trip in Albuquerque, though. I promise to show you ristras, rattlesnakes, and tourists from the east coast wearing ridiculous cowboy clothes like when Michael J. Fox wore that pink and turquoise costume to the Old West in Back to the Future III, but obviously not as cool. I also have fascinating stories about my accidental conversations with a couple riff raffs from the street. And detailed restaurant recommendations for the cheap gourmand visitor. I even have a little post about the civil rights movement in Albuquerque in the late 60s, early 70s. It's pretty touching :)

Plus, I'm not even done!!

Tomorrow for my grand finale, I will try to sneak onto the Tram of Albuquerque to see the beautiful city from 10,000 feet in the sky. Cross your fingers a group of large Norwegian tourists show up at the same time so I can hide among them like a baby elephant in a herd of mama elephants ... um, that was the worst analogy ever. I AM VERY TIRED, OK? Anyway, you know for my last travel trip day in the Wild West, I will constantly be humming the ZZ Top song from Back to the Future III. I already posted it here on the blog from my trip to Chicago, but here it is again:



it's slightly unsettling how often this song pops up here

Better dust off yer best boots an' pretty little bonnet because we are meeting back here for a hoedown to fit our frontier spirit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment