Oh yes, yes, yes, yes! Vivian Girls on the main stage in Waterloo park. All of us greasy-haired, hungover goofs caught our breaths and stood up in the middle of a patchy green field watching three young sirens sing weird, pretty, off-key melodies.
The cool breeze, warm beers, sticky sweat and sweethearts singing to us felt like summer more than baseball games and barbecues do.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE :)
I love her stringy, blond hair.
After the concerts at the park were over, Marc and I went down to a skeazy bar for drinks and a snack until the night parties started. We played pool on the most unbalanced pool table that could have wobbled with the touch of a feather and as I went outside to grumble and people watch, I saw Kickball Katy eating a hot dog on the sidewalk, sandles in a piss stream from the gutter. Cute.
How the f-word do you still have legs that pale, creep?Beyond, beyond, beyond darling. This made me want to buy a keyboard for my all girl band last year, but I never did. I don't have any girlfriends who want to play with me. I will have to teach Chompers how to strum a bass, I guess.
I loved playing the "guy or girl?" game in Austin. How stupid. This is how I know I'm from a conservative middle-American city. I'll show myself out, thank you ... gloom.
I will really have to remember how pretty and well-done their whole look was when I dress myself and then over think it, change into something more uncomfortable, try too hard and have a horrible time. Note to self: wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen, yeah!
That guy looks familiar.
Yay for pudgy beer bloat.
Looking gooooooood.
Oh, hello end of the roll from SXSW roadtrip? Wow, that was fast. I must have gotten physically sick of taking pictures.
I honestly don't remember much from our last night there other than trying to sneak into a Daniel Johnston show and not really getting in. I think we sat on the puke-lined sidewalk people watching for a bit and left early for our hotel. Getting up and on the road took a few hours considering our feet were swollen to the size of skateboards. We stopped in some creepy little Texas town for lunch before realizing all little Texas towns must be this creepy. "Let's go before they find our bodies under a barn, 50 miles from here." Ok, bye bye Texas. It was fun! I just wish I could fast forward to see how next year's SXSW will be, oh wait ....



























0 comments:
Post a Comment