Tuesday, March 16, 2010

sxsw 2009, memory one

This is Abe Vigoda playing at Waterloo Park, March 2009.
I completely forgot who this was since last year and just spent the last seven hours (not really, but close enough) researching what band this is based on appearance alone. SEARCH TERMS: 3 cute skinny white guys + 1 cute skinny dark guy + indie band + flannel + great sunglasses + drinks miller lite = 4 MILLION RESULTS.

PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE :)



I really need to have enough balls this time around to snap sxsw fashion. It'll crack you up, pinkie promise!
This was the best way to end SXSW. It was Saturday. Everyone had aching feet, five day old hangovers, smelly clothes, sunburns, a roasting new strand of herpes and exhaustion beyond compare, so sitting under some weird Texan tree in some weird Texan park listening to famous NY bands play to us for free was spectacular.
OK, here's Japanther:
Marc took these snaps. It looks worse than it was. Off to the right was a huge grassy hill that must have been the stoner section because everyone was just lying around on the open grassy patches watching the show noncommittally. Although I don't remember smelling copious amounts of marijuana. Hmmmmmmmm.
I wonder what our parents think we do in Austin? I wonder what their parents wondered what they did at Dead concerts? I wonder what their grandparents wondered what their parents did at ... sorry :( I'm tired.
Taking a picture of yourself crowd surfing? Cool, but you look like you try too hard. Fail. I'm being mean now. I'll stop, but really if his snap didn't come out perfectly then what a failure ...
Why does every guy have a curly afro?
By Saturday I had dislocated my eyeballs from rolling them out of my head too many times. If it wasn't the sheer amount of assholes with $3,000 badges then it was the rich girls with very, very expensive handbags sitting in puddles of barf. Everyone in this pic looks like their having a genuinely good time though. Hoo-ray.
Around the time Japanther finished their last song, which would be the last song played on this side stage, I noticed that I forgot to put sunblock on my back. Normally not that bad, but I was wearing a racer back tank with my bra straps showing. If you don't get it, you're probs a guy so move along. If you do get it ... the crummy half-moon outlines of my bra and shirt stayed imprinted on me until December as in 3 months ago. Nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment