We've been back since Sunday night and all returned to our normal routine or in my case, no routine. I'm sitting on 300+ photos to sift through, edit and delete for posting and waiting for some singe of inspiration to make my fingers fidgety to write.
Somehow writing it all down and making it a 'was' feels too soon. I feel like we're all still in the 'is' and I like to think that it all just happened yesterday.
We had fun and fights and all that bonding stuff you don't think you're going to go through, but then pinky promises turn into blood bonds and awkward silences turn into mindful quiet time. The photo is the sunset from Clovis, New Mexico right after Jay got a speeding ticket and we tried cheering him up by taking pictures of a sunset we see everyday anyhow. It didn't quite snap the other four hundred and eighty-five colors though.

1 comments:
The white dashes on the highway are calling to me like some kind of binary code.
Time to leave. Whereto next?
Post a Comment