Monday, February 8, 2010

Bad idea night. Sniffles!

Friday night. Sigh.

I bought that hat for a raccoon costume, but now I just wear it out like normal.

I was majorly fidgety on Friday afternoon (by the way, I started to type that I had "ants in my pants" um, WHO SAYS THAT?) so I decided to get a couple brewskis downtown with the boys. I was still quite sick, stuffy and delirious from cold medicine.

Something about the cough syrup, sudafed and $2.50 ale made me forget everything from Burt's. I think my eyes may have looked like little spinning tops.

(Actually, the one thing I do remember - and will never forget - were the seriously nauseating fumes coming from the group of kids dancing. I want to say it smelled like a dangerous combination of taco bell farts and hot vomit breath, but most likely, somebody pooped on themselves and kept dancing. WAS SOMEONE TAKING LADY GAGA'S SONG A LITTLE TOO SERIOUSLY?! It's gonna be ok, da da do do ... UUUUGGGHH! I literally just composed a 4 minute song in my head, called "Don't Dance," about knowing that when you shit yourself, you should probably stop dancing and clean up, then you can resume dancing if you'd like ... sigh. I'll share it with you some other time.)

It looks like there's a mini man screaming into Marc's ear.

After a while, we got pretty sick of the Albuquerque hipster/hip kid/whatever scene at Burt's. Something about the horrible stench completely burning off our facial hair ... so we decided to vote on which free bar downtown was the most douchey and drink beers there. WHY?!?!?! Sometimes you have to remind yourself why you never, ever drink beers at an Irish Chain bar.

But first! A stop at ... Atomic?

Or ... did we just buy e from a kid drinking Hawaiian Punch on the floor of a rave?

Oh wait, yeah, hipsters were here:

Ugh, how much do you hate the h-word by now? Quick, social anthropologist! Form a new term for our unironic-ironic-nu-wave-ironic jokes!!!!!

We made it to the Irish chain bar and tried to get kicked out by butt bumping everyone else who was dancing.

Got back home and made cheesy grits ...

Overall: fun.

Underall: very, very sick. I woke up with a fever worse than before. Whoops, relapse! I fully blame it on the incredibly stinky hip kids, though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment