Thursday, February 18, 2010

GIRL TALK: the essence of being a girl

Let's talk about sex, baybee! Let's talk about you and me! Let's talk about ...

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A GIRL.
Something that I like to think about when I am daydreaming are retarded gender cliches like "men are from mars, women from venus," "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and "she moves in mysterious ways" (just kidding bout the last one, guys). Ok, so those aren't the best examples, but there seems to be a general consensus that women are "complicated" to men or that the genders are confused about each other.

I obviously can't speak for the boys, but I can say that ladies like to be complicated. And maybe that's a poor way to write it, but I'd say for the most part girls don't ever like to be "figured out" because what girl do you know has EVERYTHING FIGURED OUT?! And if she doesn't have it figured out, then why should some sleazy guy have her figured out before she does?

This reminds me of the time I took Human Sexuality for my biology minor credit. It was taught by Randy Thornhill, famous author of A Natural History of Rape. Everything can be explained through biology, which is just a fluffy variation of chemistry, anyhow (hello, dusty chemistry degree ... great, now I'm depressed).

ANYWAY.

Many "complicated" things can be explained through sex biology. It's biologically important for ladies to think extremely highly of themselves. We are enigmas. We are temples. Yes, we have a galaxy between our legs and we can never be figured out. We are gods. Pregnancy and nursing take an exorbitant amount of energy and calculation. Our bodies make babies and we must, must, must be very disconcerting about our own natures to throw off any ill-suited mate. Any boy willing to be strong enough to put up with our secrets will get a baby out of it.

Hmmmm, aaaaaaaaand every biologist in the world is spinning around in his/her grave. WHAT DO YOU THINK?! Boys, show your face.

1 comments:

initialzero said...

The enigma is just to hold us off until you gals figure out how to reproduce without us guys.

Post a Comment