Thursday, February 25, 2010.
Even though I am glamorously vacationing in my own hometown, truly examining paths well worn, I must still attend to the responsibilities from regular life. One of those responsibilities comes in the form of a girl I tutor in 6th grade math on Thursdays! She's a sweetheart. I luv her, but if I don't put my foot down and act authoritative, then she tends to go cray cray and not do her homework ... which means bad grades in math ... which means no more $90 checks ... which means finding a crummy soul crushing adult job. The state of my non-existent soul rests in my ability to command attention!!! Yeesh. Can I go back to sleep?
In my mind, a sharp eyeliner pencil, high ponytail and fitted black jacket commands attention like no other. Also you gotta act cool, especially around kids. When kids become hell rats around me, I start whispering. It throws 'em off the crazy train for some reason.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE :)
Sorry about the bent neck angles. I still haven't found a tripod for my cammy at the thrift stores. Target has a couple, but for 17 bucks!! That's the price of 12 and 1/2 fur wraps from Goodwill. See? I told you I was a real math tutor ... lolololololololol.
My Tuesday and Thursday TRAVEL TRIP posts will be less meaty so I can focus on my tutoring job, okey dokey? Math tutoring outside of the university setting, I'm finding, is exactly as predictable as math tutoring within the university. Age and level of math do not matter. PEOPLE BE TRIPPIN' ON WORD PROBLEMS, no joke. Fractions, differential equations, trig, calculus. Doesn't matter. As soon as an equation is put into a word story format, people's eyes sort of roll toward the back of their head.
This is where the well-dressed authoritative mannerism becomes beneficial. People like when I glide in with my calculator, act cool and tell them everything will get better from here on out, ok? Just call me Dr. Fix It. Hahahaha, I'm only slightly kidding.
After tutoring, me mum asked me out to din din. Sure, let's go to the best pizza place in Albuquerque. You know it's gotta be amazing for staying open even while being neighbors to a sushi-buffet strip club and the meanest dollar store owner in the whole, wide world! I want to brush my teeth with their sauce ... but I won't because that would defeat the purpose of why I brush my teeth in the first place. OH, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! Their sauce is ta die for, dahling!
Giovanni's.
Heaven.
I'm sort of desensitized around these cars. Is this a normal sight in any other city?
Came home and gave the cats some Maui Wowie catnip. It "puts their minds on a tropical vacation." Ha.
Every traveler needs to let loose at times. All the stress of planning and going out and never resting really gets to me, ya know? I met up with a fellow Albuquerque dweller for cocktails at Atomic Cantina. A dive bar fine enough to satisfy your casual greaser ...
or two elegant ladies out on the town.
It seems that a thing called "dance party" exists in rampant excess among the many bars strung along Central Ave and Gold Ave on Thursday nights. This so-called "Dance Party," also known as D.P. or Danth Patty depending on how slurry one's speech has become, is inexplicably tied to the presence of cheapo beers, arm tattoos and girls in see-through shirts.
I asked myself, "Which came first? The hip kid with a beard or the dance party?" I have little observation to draw conclusions from so I will continue my anthropological journey next Thursday night. Until then ...
LET'S FUCKING POSE ON A SHOE, BABY!
This is at Blackbird Buvette.
I remember making a fool of myself dancing in front of the windows while some lame group of metal heads walked by. If it were any other city, I'd shrug it off and moon them, but I sort of have to save face here since I LIVE ON THESE STREETS. Can we just move on? Sad face.
Lovely how the cheaper my camera is, the cooler its crummy settings make photos process. Wait, are cheaper things better because we appreciate them more or because we wouldn't feel bad about breaking it? Is this the secret to life?!?!?! 42!!!!
Oh, you know.
Oh, hello, ginger cat!
Steve was nice enough to drive me home where I was greeted at the door by three curious felines! The older one was around there somewhere ... wasn't she? omg, did she die without me knowing?! Don't Tell Marc the Kitty-Cat's Dead starring Christina Tabbygate. (Obviously, I am kidding. Tiva is alive and well.)
Oh, I forgot to mention earlier that I effed up a cork by putting the screw in too far and then the screw broke off inside of it and I don't know how to fix it. Wait ... does this mean the cork could be pregnant? Mooey, where are your tool box and pliers?! And also, should I get a Plan B for the cork? Ah, memorieeeeeees!
Yummers! 3:00am sauteed mushrooms with worcestershire sauce and celery salt.
And no Thursday is ever complete without about 5 gallons of water. Still, my pee is never clear enough. TMI!!!!!!!!!






























2 comments:
You look so hot in all these pics. I am jealous of your long bangs. I just cut mine too short. -C
That's really nice, thank you :) I cut my bangs too short last winter and just now have been satisfied with the length. Now I'll probably screw them up again next time I cut em.
Post a Comment