Thursday, February 25, 2010

GIRL TALK: girly drinks

Let's talk about sex, baybee! Let's talk about you and me! Let's talk about ...

GIRLY DRINKS.

Have you noticed the utter rudeness between guys about their drinks? I think there is a running joke on Scrubs about Zach Braff's character liking apple-tinis and Mr. Cox drinking straight bourbon. One guy is soft and the other hard, um, is that last statement a porn or what. Also, I just noticed I typed "Mr. Cox" instead of Dr. Cox, but YOU KNOW WHAT, I AM A LITTLE BIT RUSHED RIGHT NOW. I have write, post, be dressed for a dance party within 25 minutes, I may accidentally write "one guy is soft and one guy is hard" without meaning any innuendo, alright?!

Anyway, I'd like to say that in the girl community there aren't judgments based on what you drink, but there are. I remember a country song sung by a lady a few years ago about being a "whiskey girl" or something? And I know that I always felt like a wimp when my bff, Claire, drank gin martinis and I couldn't even smell them without passing out. Why is this? I mean, I hate to sound too hippy and preach the can't we all get along mojo, but really, it is just a drink! The next time I see a guy drinking a girly drink or a girl drinking a whiskey, I will wink at them knowingly. Um, what will that even accomplish? Hmmmmmm...

0 comments:

Post a Comment