Thursday, February 18, 2010

GIRL TALK: shitty movies

Let's talk about sex, baybee! Let's talk about you and me! Let's talk about ...

BEING STUCK IN A SHITTY MOVIE.
Ok, obviously you're never "stuck" in a movie theater, banging the door to get out while a steaming pile of poop is being played on the screen. Sometimes, though I'm such an asshole with paying for a film that I'll stay the whole time to get my money's worth, making sure to sigh and groan loudly enough for the whole row behind me to hear. "Yes, row behind me, I HATE THIS MOVIE, but I paid $7 to see it so I'm going to stick it out to the end. If I'm going to leave early, it'll be because I'm thrown out. GROOOOOOOAAAAAN."

That is what happened tonight. Agate at the Storm was like watching a rambling soap opera written by illiterate rich kids with my eyelids being propped open a la Clockwork Orange. But, you know, what's great about being with friends is that you can take a shitty thing like a boring movie and turn it into an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000: Whatever Movie You're Watching.

1 comments:

initialzero said...

There were still some good parts to the film. I love how crap like this gets awards in Italy. And crap like James Cameron directs gets awards in America. Film should be a balance between art (touching the human spirit) and entertainment (sex and violence).

Post a Comment