Thursday, February 25, 2010

TRAVEL TRIP: Albuquerque, travel days uno y dos.

Monday February 22 and Tuesday February 23, 2010.

Knock, knock, knock. Can I come in? Hey, hi. Uh, can I sit down with you? I've got to talk to you about something ...

THIS TRAVEL TRIP SUCKS AND I AM LONELY! HOLD ME!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it. Damn me. Damn my dependency.

CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE (I promise it gets ... better, for lack of a better word. Agh, there were too many better's in the last sentence and it's starting to sound weird. Is "better" a real word?)

I wore pajamas all day on Monday.

Ok, so I sandwiched my first two travel days together because I was depressed about being alone in the house and really, did not leave the house except to buy cat litter. AND LIKE THAT'S NOT DEPRESSING ENOUGH! Imagine me, in my stained winter coat, eyes sinking into the back of my head, chapped lips, hair up in a greasy bun, slowly walking toward the massive check-out lines with a 200 lb bucket of kitty litter. This is life?

Well, no, not really, but turns out, it's pretty difficult making myself act like the ordinary streets and overdone souvenir shops of my current city are NEW! and EXCITING! Couple that with the fact that I am cleaning cat barf off of mail that fell on the floor (don't worry, Marc, it was only a bank statement) and still tutoring Berna on Tuesday and Thursdays, it does not feel like a travel trip at all.

Where's the excitement, I ask you?! Where?

This is my favorite veggie-tarian chicken patty. It's not Morningstar, but now I'm too lazy and cold to walk to the freezer to see what it's called. Hmmm, the package is purple ... or maybe a more maroon shade. Even my avid omnivore brother likes it (or is too nice to tell me it tastes like mouse droppings, but still, I think it's delicious.) omg, longest photo comment ever, how wasteful.

Oh, fuck it, whatever. I'll just write that the first two days of my hometown travel trip were disastrous and then cancel the rest of the travel trip so I can be a depressed lump all by my depressed self.
Dinner was a rousing success, though.
I wish I could say that the Girls Next Door actually talked like that, "EE! Occ ? N Ac>> g& To oPU!" But, I messed up Marc's tv settings and can't figure out how to fix it. c OUwo, alright?!
Even my Sims character is lonely and depressed. I think I will kill her off tomorrow.
Ah, Albuquerque local news never fails to crack me up. TONIGHT ON KRQE, a mother and child shot through the face in a NE Heights apartment, but right now let's talk to the lady who rides her bike to work!
"Will you talk to me, Moshe?"

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to do what every person does when they need to reevaluate what they're doing.
Some cocktails with a pretty lady (yes, I know she is a magazine. who cares?) ...
Some tunes ...
Although I love this song, I was mostly listening to What's The Story Morning Glory? Can I also just say that I had a pair of thick black-rimmed sunglasses with blue lens in middle school.
This was supposed to show you that I went to bed at 5:00am thinking and reevaluating (as if cell phone clocks are the most reliable clocks to prove time?)

So, I decided that Travel Trip: Hometown Edition was not going well at all ....... BUT IT'S NOT OVER YET! I'm not giving up on it. Sometime after the 8th cocktail I thought about my other travel trips and how there is the all-important transportation phase of the trip that allows you to prepare and calibrate yourself for your new environment. When I depart from the plane, train or ... automobile (unintended 80's movie reference), I'm birthed a completely new person. No one knows me and I feel the freedom to act in anyway I want, something that I am finding very difficult in the old routines of my home.

I need to allow myself time to prepare and calibrate for new experiences. And anyway, tomorrow couldn't be any worse than taking photos of a frozen green pea bag.

2 comments:

ash said...

dear g la fille,
i would feel much better if you would latch your door chain lock when you're pulling a kevin mccallister. exhibit post photo #2.
xoxo,
over protective best friend

G la fille said...

hahaha, I am Kevin McCallister! I just hope there are no Joe Pescis and Daniels Sterns out there. I'll have to go to the hardware store this week to fix the chain lock - Marc or I broke it sometime last year :(

Post a Comment